Bad breath has many triggers that could put a damper on your brightest day. However, persistent bad breath that seems stubborn is also known as halitosis, which is a sign something could be amiss in your oral health. To help you discover the triggers to your bad breath blues, our dentist, Dr. Mark Prosniewski with The Bartlett Dental Station in Bartlett, Illinois, is happy to provide you with some necessary information on what could be causing the problem.
The traditional causes to bad breath include:
– If you have ever had a respiratory tract infection before, you may have been made aware of the fact that it produces bad breath. Even issues deep within your body such as liver and kidney problems can also produce bad breath.
– Do you know what dry mouth is? Dry mouth is a condition in which your mouth does not produce enough saliva. This is a known risk factor for bad breath.
– Infections within your mouth including gum disease and toothaches can routinely cause bad breath.
– Breath offending foods and drinks such as coffee or garlic can produce bad breath.
– Do you smoke? Do you chew tobacco? If so, eliminate these habits from your life. As they can regularly produce oral health risks such as bad breath.
– Plaque build-up is a known cause of bad breath.
If you would like help in fighting your bad breath, or if you wonder what is causing your condition, please call us right away at 630-837-2779 to create an appointment. Our dental team takes pride in offering high-quality care and assisting your oral health in any way we can.