With the beginning of a new year, it’s important to remember not to leave behind old habits. Brushing and flossing remain just as important as ever and should continue to be a part of your daily routine. Flossing daily is excellent for removing food particles that can get stuck between your teeth that brushing alone simply cannot remove. Prevent plaque buildup by always ensuring that your flossing habits are used daily and that they are done effectively.
Protect your teeth and gums with dental floss. Here are some tips to help:
– Always use an approved interdental cleaner such as dental floss or an approved tool recommended by your dentist.
– Be sure to visit our dentists at The Bartlett Dental Station in Bartlett, Illinois, at least twice a year for oral exams and professional cleanings.
– Remember to floss between each tooth including flossing behind the backs of your last teeth in each row.
– Use a floss that does not easily fray or tear during use.
– Always practice safe and effective flossing habits to prevent damage to your gums and teeth.
– Never use the same strand of floss more than once.
It’s important to maintain safe and effective flossing habits. If you would like to schedule an oral exam or professional cleaning with Dr. Mark Prosniewski, please contact our office at 630-837-2779 to speak with a member of our outstanding team. Your perfect smile awaits!